Friday, September 2, 2011

Man of the House

The man of the house is less than impressed with the info we got in the mail today from my insurance company. After school, I ran home to grab my cell phone and also picked up the mail. We went to drive thru for something to drink, and as we were waiting, I opened the info on the claim for my house damage from the Aug. 18 tornado wind and hail storm.  As I looked down the list and saw the totals, I instinctively said...the damage on our house is going to cost 17,000 dollars!?! Tye said WHAT!?! Let me see that.  I responded and said oh, it's just the info on the storm. He insisted, so as they handed me our drinks, Tye was diligently looking over the adjuster's report.  As we drove off, I said...soooo, what do you think (tee hee)? His response...I think this is harsh.

He totally cracks me up.

Why harsh? I ask...

Like we have 17,000 to spend on repairs!

I then gave a mini lesson on insurance and how THEY would pay the 17K, and he was very pleased to find out people will just do that...he responded...well, that is so nice of them.

The I gave a mini lesson on how WE pay for our insurance so they will pay for damages.

I skipped the mini lesson to explain the $1,000 deductible!

So the man of the house is seemingly satisfied with our insurance coverage. I wonder if he can handle the next step of verifying what all is on the claim, finding the right person to do the work, and then getting it all done. Wonder what he will say when I get the info for the hail damage on my van...