Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I Didn't Do it, and I'm a Loser Pants

Tye is in rare form today. He is soooo ready for school. I think he really misses playing with friends, and his sisters aren't giving him the attention he wants, so he is finding ornery ways to get it.

The day started out with Rachel quite surprised by the pink water coming from the faucet. Seems that there was an equipment malfunction at the water plant, and too much sodium permangenate was added. The water maintenance guy told me it was like that all over town, and that it is safe to drink. I was thinking, are you kidding? Then he said he wouldn't drink it, and then also warned me not to wash any white clothes.

So I headed downstairs to tell Tye so he wouldn't drink the water. I didn't think it would harm him, but I just decided we would all avoid it, considering the other crazy things that have happened to us.

Hey Tye, come here a minute....as he was coming to the bathroom, I pulled the plug on the sink and started running the water.

I said...something is wrong with the water.

Before I could finish, he looked very curiously at the sink and said...I DIDN'T DO IT!


Amberlea was cracking up! So he was quilty of something first thing this morning.

Then I realized he was using a glass cup as a peg leg for his pirate costume.
Then he decided to dust, and got a little carried away. A few pictures fell, but all is well.

Then he flung a large hair band at Amberlea and hit her in the eye. She was sitting on the floor playing with the magnetix. He told her he was sorry about 50 times and begged her to let him play. Finally they decided to make pictures with the magnets and have each other guess. I was guessing, and I couldn't tell what his was. He crumpled up the magnets and said, she's a winner and I'm a loser pants.

Laugh.

Giggle.

Chuckle.

I mean, what DO you say to that?

He asked me the other day what you call a baby woodpecker. I was like, well, um, let me see. Rachel was laughing her head off, and saying, yeah, come on Mom, what do you call a baby woodpecker? I was giggling, and finally I said that I guessed it was like any other bird.

He said...NO! Mom! You just call it a baby woodpecker.

Amberlea slept with me last night. It was a lot of fun because I have had a lot of trouble getting to sleep for the last several weeks, so Tye was conked out, and Amberlea was rambling a mile a minute. She was so excited to be able to tell me all about her float trip, uninterrupted and unedited (you know, Rachel not correcting her).