Thursday, July 16, 2009

I'm Still Here!

I have been reprimanded by my 12 year-0ld for not posting on this site. She reminded me that I have updated the melanoma blog lots of times, and it has been a long time since I've written on this one. I asked her if she would like to be a guest blogger, to write about our life, and we'll see if she takes me up on this.

I do have a lot to tell about my three great, amazing, beautiful children, so I'll try to do a better job of updating. Look for lots of new posts in the coming days!

We went to the Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City. And here is what I think about all of it...

*We could check in at 1pm, and by 1:15 when I was pre-checking in, our room was ready. We didn't have to wait until 4pm. Even if we did, we were still allowed to use the waterpark starting at 1.

*I upgraded to a kids cabin. This had 3 bunks that were like a cabin, and my kids thought it was awesome. I got a great deal doing it this way, so if you ever want the nicer room, go cheap and then upgrade cheap when you get there.

*We slept in and I fed the kids donuts and juice in bed. They thought that was pretty cool too.

*We were allowed to stay until closing on the day we checked out. We only stayed one night, but had from 1pm on Monday until 9pm on Tuesday to play. While the prices can be high, we really got a whole lot of fun time for that one night. I can't imagine staying 2 nights because we were just pooped by the time we left at nearly 9pm last night.

So Tye and Amberlea had shots today (Tye for kindergarten, Amberlea because she never had the chicken pox, and I got her the shot right before starting preschool, but I somehow missed that she would need a booster). She was a real trooper, smiling all the way and trying to pump Tye up for what was coming. He was Mr. Cool until the first prick, and then I felt like a labor coach. He was huffing and puffing and telling the nurse "THAT HURTS!" and I totally got knocked down on the mommy-o-meter for the day. By the end of 4 shots, he was beat red and sweating. He sobbed all the way to the van and then home. Amberlea said she thought she was going to start crying too because he was so upset. I was really feeling bad, and the nurse said, believe me, we've had way worse. Then Amberlea said that her little sister got really upset too, way worse than Tye, and I was thinking, how much worse could it have been? Somehow my nephew's cool attitude earlier in the summer made me think his shots went great. When I mentioned it tonight, Karis said heck no, that he got really upset and it was a bad deal. I still had high hopes that I had him prepped. Even a show we watched the other day had a little penguin getting ready for school and he had to get his shots. He said it hurt and he didn't like it, but it was going to be ok. I guess that all sounds fine until the poking starts, and then it is all over.

Tye really wants a cat. I am not a cat lover. They are cute and all, but I wasn't raised with animals, and it is just not something I am excited about. Tonight's conversation...

(we saw a black cat at the park)
Tye: So can I get a cat? I really want a cat.
Me: No, I just don't think we need a cat.
Tye: Because Zep will chase her?
Me: Yes, and because I don't think we need one.
Tye: But I want a cat and also a mouse so the cat can chase it.
Me: Now I am telling you I for sure don't want a mouse.
(He's been watching a little bit of Tom and Jerry)
Tye: Ok, you're right Mom, cuz if we get a mouse, then Grandma will never come visit us.
(Tye knows his Grandma too well!)

He has now lost his 2nd tooth, and this one actually made it into a glass of water for the tooth fairy. His 1st tooth disappeared before it ever made it. He was very excited last night, and then again this morning to see if she had been here.

I will post pictures about Great Wolf soon. I also have lots to tell you about Rachel and Amberlea, but I'll post that in a day or so, so I have time to write what all is going on.