Sunday, November 22, 2009

Tell Me About My Daddy...

Saturday morning...no early morning plans. Mommy is NOT a morning person, so we slept in.  I did set my alarm so the sleeping in was not out of control!  After my alarm went off and I pushed snooze, I just had dozed back off when I felt Tye snuggling up next to me.  I opened my eyes and he was looking at me.

Mom, did my dad like to snuggle?

Thus began a long conversation about Daddy.  What did he like to eat?  Did he read books?  And watch t.v.? Did he go hunting? (no)  What did he do when he was my age?  Did he like to play with me?  Did he have a dog? (Yes, Freck)  Was he in kindergarten once?  Did he like school?  And what about football, did he like football?  And baseball? And basketball, because I love basketball? (yes, I did tell him that Grandma let Daddy skip school to watch March madness)...Did he like dinosaurs?  And what about pizza?  Did he like cookies?

It was really a beautiful conversation.  I kept it light-hearted, and saved the tears for when I climbed in the shower and thought to myself that I have quite a responsibility on my hands to make sure Tye knows who Brian was.  It is very overwhelming.  I am proud to be able to tell him about Brian, but I long for him to know these things firsthand, not from me.