Friday, December 4, 2009

Amberlea's Late Night Adventure

T'was the night before Friday, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse...

Amberlea was nestled all snug in her bed out on the lawn in the middle of the night, apparently.

No joke.

As I said, we were all snug in our beds.  I was startled awake by the sound of my front door opening.  I jumped out of bed and hollered.

Amberlea replied...it's just me Mom.

I raced in through the hall toward Tye and Amberlea's rooms, and met Amberlea in the livingroom.

Amberlea...I was just checking to see if I left my coat on the front porch.

Me...No, you didn't, your coat is in here.

By then I could see she was sleep walking, and I just ushered her back to her bedroom.  I looked towards the front door, which was closed, and went on back to bed.  My alarm clock said 12:50 a.m. I laid there trying to think what exactly had just happened!

Fast forward to this morning...

Everyone was getting ready as usual. I noticed that the front door was unlocked, and kind of chuckled at myself about last night, thinking that I was going to say something to Amberlea about her coat to see if she remembered.  I backed out of the garage and got quite the surprise!

On the lawn, near the sidewalk and close to the front bushes...was Amberlea's comforter from her bed!

Me...hey, Amberlea, what is up with that?  (and I pointed)

The look on her face was priceless!  I told her what had happened with the front door.

Amberlea...I have no idea how that got there! 

Then she went on to tell me that she didn't remember anything about the coat or getting out of bed.  She did remember waking up and feeling like she was freezing.  I said...yeah, freezing like 17 degrees!  She has no memory of going outside, and based on where the bedding ended up, she was well off the porch and onto the front sidewalk.

I am reviewing my options for an alarm.  Her dad suggested a set of jinglebells on her ankles to alert us!  My sister wondered if she has ever done this before, God forbid!  I was thinking, I sure hope not!