Tuesday, August 3, 2010

August 3rd, 1972 and 1952

On the same day, 20 years apart, two amazing people came into this world.  My mom loved and supported me from my own first moments of life, through my childhood and teen years, through my first marriage and a rough divorce, through the births of my 3 children, and into my wonderful life with Brian.  She was there when I fell in love with Brian, and I always thought it was so ironic that they shared a birthday.  My mom thought the world of Brian, and it wasn't just because of the joy and love he brought into my life. They always enjoyed each other.  I miss my mom so much, and especially when Brian was so sick.  I needed her.  But in hindsight, I am somewhat thankful that she didn't have to be here to watch him suffer, and that she was there waiting for him when he went to Heaven.  Two lives, cut too short, yet such blessings to me.

Happy 38th birthday to my wonderful and amazing husband, and happy 58th to the best mom in the world.