Monday, May 9, 2011

Busy Weekend

What beautiful weather!

Friday was my dad's 60th birthday!  YES, he is the big 6-0! I probably look too old to have a dad that is only 60, but let's just say that I am the oldest and he became a father at 22.  I hope I am as active as he is at that age.  Saturday we had a big surprise party for him, and we all had a great time!

Today my kiddos surprised me with blueberry muffins and flowers, and a really cute card.  Then we went to St. Joe to eat at Carlos O'Kelly's, which is a favorite of mine, and was a favorite of my mom's.  I miss her so much today, but also remember the inspiration she was and still is to me as a mother and as a woman. Below is a picture of my mom and me in the spring of 1974. Isn't my mom so beautiful?! I see so much of Karis and Erin in her, and also my cousins Lisa and Stacy. People tell me all the time that I look like her too, but I don't see it as much.


Happy Mother's Day to my mother-in-law Denise Halley, who has become like a mother to me and has been there to always support me, especially since I lost my own mom. I know Brian would thank her for all the love she has given us. Thank you Denise for bringing Brian into this world. We love you!