Monday, March 23, 2009

My Crazy Life

My life is crazy. I mean really crazy. Here are a few other things I have dealt with in the past few days.

My dad has his garden all tilled up and ready for planting. Tye and Don were out playing in the yard with the rest of the kids, while Erin and I were on the deck. Don ran into the garden. So Erin hollered...get out of Papa's garden. Don ran out, and immediately Tye ran INTO the garden and stopped and looked at her, kind of in that challenging way. So she said...you get out of the garden too! His response...he pointed down and yelled...my dad's in here! She said...no he's not! He pointed at a little garden sign and said...see? (The sign said BELIEVE, not BRIAN). Erin said...that says believe, now get out of the garden. He responded in a surprised voice and said...oh...and dashed out of the garden. Then he was off to play again.

Then tonight we ran to the store after a meeting at school. Amberlea was telling me that she had been to the cemetery today (a close friend of hers lives close to the cemetery, and they walked over to be sure none of the items blew away, with it being so windy). Her bunny had blown over and she had fixed it. So when a gust of wind about blew us away as we were going into the store, she asked if we could go out to the cemetery to get the bunny tonight. It is pitch dark and lightning like crazy. I said no a few times, and she kept saying she was worried it would blow away. I'm not afraid to go to the cemetery at night, I just never have. So out we drove, and I flashed my lights onto Brian's grave. I started to get out and she threw the door open and said...I'll get it. She ran across the cemetery (even with the night being like that in a spooky ghost story) and got the bunny, then even went back for the little shovel that had fallen out of his hand. I am thankful she wasn't scared either. She was just real matter-of-fact about it all. I sat and watched her for the 30 seconds she was out of the van. I just shook my head because she has come so far. Who would have ever guessed we would visit Brian's grave during a thunderstorm to retrieve a bunny? But it was important to her, so we did.

Life is just that...life. And it unfolds in the most unusual ways.