Sunday, March 22, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog. I have thought long and hard on how and if I wanted to continue my other blog. I can't seem to find a way to stop fighting melanoma, as it continues to cheat, steal and rob people of time with their precious loved ones. So after much thought and consideration, I have decided to maintain that blog because it has played such a vital role in my healing process.

But...I have a lot of other things to talk about too. I struggle often with having really amazing and fun things to tell about the kids, while something somber is going on in the melanoma/cancer world. So the idea came to me to split the blogs. My intent is to post different information, so for the most part, what is found on one blog won't show up on the other blog. I can't guarantee that, depending on what I'm blogging about, but that is the initial thought.

This blog itself is under construction. I have lots I want to add.

For today I will just add some Tye funnies!...

We went to ride bikes at the high school today with Erin and her kids. After a long walk and ride and lots of exploring, we decided it was time for lunch. So Erin went and grabbed some food while I took the kids on to Judah park. Karis saw Erin at Sonic and ended up driving over to the park also.

Tori, Zeke and Tye ventured down the edge of the creek. The creek on the south end of the park had about 2-3 inches of water trickling through it. The kids were mostly throwing rocks in the creek and just exploring. They wandered on down to the north end of the creek near the walking bridge. We could see them at a distance. I was just getting ready to wander down there myself to see what they were up to when Tori came running.

Something bad happened to Tye!

From where I was standing, I could see Tye sitting on the bench on the bridge talking to Zeke. In my mind I was thinking, how bad can it be, his dad is dead...it would have to be pretty bad to be considered bad in my mind.

As we walked down the trail to get to Tye, Tori told me he fell in the creek. I just giggled. While I totally love having the girls and doing lots of fun things with them, having a boy is just so different. He gets into trouble in ways the girls never did! The closer I got, I realized she wasn't kidding, he really did fall in the creek. He was soaked from his neck down. Under the bridge was a slab of cement with that same trickle of water. But just beside it the cement stopped and the water was about as high as Tye's waist. So he had walked off the slab of cement and landed in that little pool of water. Tori had grabbed him and drug him out. And by the time I got to him, he was ticked.

And all I could do was laugh.

I am pretty laid back...I think that comes with dealing with what I've dealt with. I don't get nearly as wound up as I used to because I have had things happen that are big things, so the small things roll off my back more than they used to. The not-so-funny part was he had been with me the entire day, and I leave him for 2 minutes and he falls in a creek.

Again, I am laughing.

So Zeke and Tori walked back up the trail with Tye and me. Tye said he didn't think this was funny. Tori said that at least his hat didn't get wet! He stopped and patted his hat, realizing it was dry, and said...hmmph! So Karis helped me strip his shoes and pants off (I could ring water out of them) and Tori got him a towel from their van so he could make it home ok!

Now for another funny...
We were heading home from Dad's last night after a BBQ get-together. He made dinner after we went to Mass for Brian. As I pulled out of the driveway, this conversation started.

Amberlea, do you have your seat belt on?

Yes.

Rachel?

Yep.

Mom, how about you?

Yes, Tye.

So do I, because I would really miss all of you if I was in jail.

I guess I've gone a bit overboard about the importance of wearing your seat belt, but I'm ok with that!