Sunday, August 9, 2009

Argh Matey!

I just went shopping with my 9 year-old at Wal-Mart. It is always an event when she is with me alone. She has quite a personality. She had a shopping list with her that included a mango and coconut milk, which came from a late night discussion on foods from Hawaii! So...we ran into my secretary from school and were chatting. Amberlea came back with dried mango. Janet sent her son with Amberlea to find a fresh mango, and she is on cloud 9. Thanks Shawn!

And then she started talking pirate talk. I was cracking up. The cool as a cucumber checker was even cracking up because she makes for a pretty good pirate!

There was a pretty good storm tonight. Actually it still seems to be lingering. Amberlea always gets a bit wound up when the weather is like this...I think it makes her nervous.

Tomorrow I am heading back to school. I have a ton of work to do, so I can only hope to be productive!