Wednesday, August 19, 2009

School Has Started

Tye (upon leaving Barb's just before lunch last week): I am STARVING!

Me: We are headed home and I will make lunch.

Tye: I mean I'm really hungry!

Me: It sounds like it.

Tye: I'm so hungry I could eat a...a...a whole person!

Me: Wow!

Tye: I could eat a whole pizza place!

Me: Wow, I can tell you are really hungry! You know, when you are super hungry, sometimes people say they are so hungry they could eat a horse.

Tye: HORSE! Ha! I wouldn't want to eat a horse!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Tye (on the way home from the first day of kindergarten): I'm tired.

Me: I know, you look tired.

Tye: I had a great day!

Me: I am so glad!

Tye: And you know what, I didn't even miss you one bit.

Me...sigh.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am missing a cord to my camera, so I can't upload the pictures of the kids on the first day of school. I also have some on my camera from our trip to Adventureland, so hopefully I can get those up soon. The 1st and 2nd day of school went well, with the exception of Tye working on not punching anyone! Thankfully, his punching is friendly, albeit the recipients don't like it, but at least it isn't a mad punch, more of a silly-I can't control myself-I want to wrestle you kind of punch. Boys, I swear. We are going to really be working on this. We have worked really hard on sleeping in his own bed, going to bed on his own, all that. It is going very well, and it is so hard to work on lots of things at once! I mean, it's not like anyone at home is punching him, so I don't know what his deal is. I don't see Tye hardly at all during the day, so that is good for us both, with him wanting to run to me last year. I do get to see Amberlea a little bit more at lunch because last year it was literally a quick hi and she was gone. Rachel was in my class last year, so I have missed her this year...doubt she has missed me! I'll get to see her tomorrow for 7th grade social studies, and she'll love me because they have a lot of homework in there! She is pretty studious, so I'm sure she'll be fine and actually like the fact that they have work time in there also. She's popped her head in a few times to see me, which has been nice. Great perk of teaching where your kids go to school!

Tomorrow also starts volleyball for Rachel, which means she basically has something after school everyday through Dec. 3 because volleyball and basketball are literally back to back...maybe a few days off. She is excited, and she does seem to do well when she has a lot going on. She loves being with her friends too, so all that extra after school means more friend time!

I think we are going to be very busy in the coming months...