Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Few Comments and then Lots of Pictures!

We went to the Ed Phillips Memorial Rodeo over the weekend. Tye actually went on Friday night also, but we all went on Saturday, along with Phillip and Denise. The weather was simply beautiful. If you have never been, it is just a lot of fun, and I don't know why I haven't gone more in my life (just went for the 1st time last year).
The announcer asked that the kids get back from the fence. Tye wasn't really climbing on the fence much, but I hollered for him to come back up and sit with us. He climbed the stairs and then questioned us. I said...the guy said kids are supposed to come back and sit with their Moms and Dads. He replied...but I don't have a dad to sit with!

Sigh...
Tye: Mom, I really want to be a man who has a horse.
Me: Ok, maybe someday.

Tye: But, Mom! I don't have a mustache yet. I need a mustache.

Tye and Zep
Me at the Atlantic Ocean (1st time to see the ocean). Boston was beautiful!
Tye tending to Daddy's grave on Father's Day.
He decided he didn't want flowers, so he took Royals balloons instead.

Grandma and Tye on the balloons at Adventureland

3 GREAT KIDS waiting in line to ride Tye's first rollercoaster
Tye on the Carousel

Denise, Rachel and Me enjoying a relaxing ride!


Tye on the Frog Hopper...he giggled the whole time!

Grandma and Rachel on the train


Rachel and Amberlea on the washing machine (can't remember what it was called).
I rode it too, and it was a doozie! This was one of the times I sat out because I think I am too old for this kind of ride!

Easily one of Tye's favorite rides!

Tye is packed and ready for his first day of kindergarten!

Thanks to our neighbor Cindy, who happened to be walking her dog, so she snapped a few pictures of us together before we left.

Amberlea all ready for her 1st day of 4th grade...seems like she just started school! Notice the toe...stubbed it real bad and had to have some dramatic rehab for it!

Mom and Tye, snuggling up before leaving! It is harder when it is your last one going to kindergarten!

Tye with his teacher, Mrs. Wiederholt

Rachel almost made us all late, but hey, doesn't she look great for her first day of 7th grade. Wow, how the time has flown! She reminds me often how close she is to high school and how close she is to driving...sigh.

3 GREAT KIDS! Ready for school!