Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tye Update

I am actually still blogging on both sites. Be sure to go to www.halleyswaronmelanoma.blogspot.com to keep up with details about my life without Brian, and how I am dealing with it all. I also often rant and rave about melanoma. But I seem to be having trouble distinguishing WHICH blog to write on when it comes to the kids. I wrote an entry on the other blog entitled Football Frustrations , mostly ranting about no daddy and the daily trials of a very active kindergartener.

Well, tonight I wanted to report just on Tye, so here I am, on this blog. The last few days have been much better. Not perfect, just better. So we are making progress. I have really made a big deal about his progress, and we continue to talk constantly about how he needs to act. He even did better at football tonight and had a lot of fun doing the drills. He had on his uniform for pictures and looked adorable.

When we got in the van, he said that he was so hungry he couldn't stand it. I said, well, you've had a good couple of days. Where do you want to go? Pagliai's, of course, so off we went.

We at pizza and chatted about the day. I quizzed him on the kids in his class and he made me guess most of them by who started with which letter of the alphabet. He told me about the weather and how many days he has been in school (11...they are counting to the 100th day). I told him again that I was really happy that he was working so hard on listening. (disclaimer...I know he has a ways to go!). He told me they lost something in their room and made me guess. It has 6 legs. Hmmm...before I could answer, he said...well, I think it has 6 legs. I guessed the pet crab, Hermie. He told me all about Hermie's escape and how Mrs. W found it near the bathroom.

Then he scrunched up his face and said...but Mom, I did have a little trouble today. I sighed and said...really, why? Well, I sneezed all over the puter (computer). I busted out laughing. I guess I am so used to the punching and pushing and whatever else, that I totally didn't expect that to come out of his mouth. I said...well goodness, what did you do? He said...I just cleaned it up. Super.

It is a good thing he's cute!