Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sonic or KFC, or Both?

I took the day off for my last personal day, as I don't get to convert mine to sick days and will lose it if I don't take it. The year really flew by and I can't believe I was actually having trouble finding a time to take off! My cousins and aunt were in town today to order the headstone for my uncle, so it made a good day for me to be off so I could spend some time with them. I finished some painting and lots of other house things, then enjoyed visiting for a long lunch.

On a whim, I decided to call out and see if the aquatic center at the university is open this month. They are open just during the week, and I asked the girls when I picked them up if they wanted to go. We had to run to the store to get a swim suit, and I hate to say, but it was a far stretch for a 12 year-old's swim suit...string bikini, um, no...one piece that is cut in on the sides almost to the belly button, um, nope. Finally found a basic black and white tank and bottoms that looks nice on her...definitely not worth the $24, but hey, she seriously needed something. So off we went...I am so hoping Tye might be able to be on swim team, and we had a great time playing and practicing. The next thing I knew, it was nearly 6:30. Rachel was supposed to go to youth group, but she has had a ton of homework during the last few weeks, especially tonight (darn sub, just kidding Susie!)...so we just decided spending time as a family was a lot of fun and she needed to do her homework.

On the way out to the van, Amberlea reminded me that she needed a sack lunch for her field trip to K.C. tomorrow. So I drove through Sonic and got supper because the kids were famished, then ran to Hy-Vee to get just a few quick items to complete her lunch. Rachel and Tye stayed in the van eating. We came back out and Amberlea got in to get her supper, and it was gone! She said...did you eat my food?! Tye just looked all innocent and said...I was hungry!

And all I could do was laugh.

The funny part is that Amberlea always BEGS to go to KFC. Tonight of all nights, she willingly had agreed on Sonic. I'm still laughing. I looked in the rearview mirror, and Tye was looking at me like...WHAT!? And Amberlea was looking at me like...I CAN'T BELIEVE HE DID THAT! So I giggled and said...how about KFC?

Ooo, yum, ok. So we drove through and got Amberlea some food, and she let Tye know when it came that she was going to eat all of it.