Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Holy Smoly

Today was yet ANOTHER wonderful day of leaving school so late that it was already dark!  As I turned from 7th street up Dewey and crested the hill, I could see shadows in front of me.  The top of the hill was essentially between street lights, so it was dark.  To the east is a large plot of tree-covered land, and deer often trot back and forth from east to west right through there.  I slowed all the way down and said...Tye, look!  5 fairly decent sized deer crossed infront of us.

Tye: WOW, holy crap!

I am agast!  I am choking on my gasps, and trying not to laugh, while still trying to figure out how he hears this stuff.  I have nixed the crap talk in our house and we've been working so hard.

So we went back to practicing...holy moly, holy cow, holy smoly, oh my, oh goodness...no holy crap.

Sigh.

Also, Amberlea threw up in the night last night around 2:30.  I got her and the bathroom all cleaned up, but it woke Tye.  Amberlea was back to bed snoring, while Tye was a chatterbox and trying to figure out if she felt ok.  Then this morning he jumped out of bed and went in to check on her, then came back and said...Mom, she's not good, she needs to stay home today, so who is staying with her?

He was very concerned with her!  Then I ran into Josie, the girls' little sister who is in Tye's class (yes, I know, it is odd but actually nice) and she was worried about Amberlea being sick, and asked me if I thought she was feeling better.

It was really cute.