Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Heartfelt Devotions...

Tye: I don't want to move.

Me: Why not?

Tye: I want to go back to our old house.

Me: Why?

Tye: Cuz that's where Daddy was.

A long conversation later...

Tye: Also, I like sports, I don't want my room to be camouflage.

Me: We can paint your new room.  How do you want it?

Tye: Hmmm....(finally) I think green and yellow.

Me: (I am thinking sports and Spoofhounds and wondering how he came up with that).  Why green and yellow?

Tye: (with a look like duh!) John Deere Mom!

Me: Ooohhhh, John Deere. Ok, well, here's the deal. Papa Paul has worked on the other kind of tractor for 35 years, so we aren't doing your room in John Deere, but you can have John Deere things!

Tye: Ok, we can do it in orange (Agco).

Me: Or we can do sports.

By now he is starting to doze off, kind of batting his eyes.

Tye: I think I just want hearts.

Me: Hearts?

Tye: Yes, just hearts all over.

Me: For a boy's room?

Tye: Because I just love my family so much.

Awwww...is he so adorable and such a charmer. 

Just like his dad...

UPDATE:
I repeated the story to Amberlea.  She said, oh, he is just so cute!  She giggled and went on.  Then she came back in and said...so Mom, you are not really going to let him do his room in hearts, are you?

Tee Hee...