Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ok, Alright, Enough Already...

I am a lover of snow days! I prefer them to come in groups, instead of sporatically so that they can fully be enjoyed. Large blocks of time off from school are helpful with the teaching part, as I find it hard to have a day off here and there because it breaks up the consistency.
But...enough is enough. I have been home entirely tooooo long! Thank God for the movie plans on Friday night or I would be crazy by now! So much for my eating plan, although I haven't blown it, it just is in limbo. So much for working out because the community center childwatch hours are not condusive to my schedule on the weekends.

And I am soooo tired of cleaning house. I want my kids to stop eating and making dirty laundry and taking showers because it means I have to cook, do dishes, clean the kitchen, wash laundry, fold laundry, put away laundry, wash towels. Nevermind staying on top of the toys that have been drug out...
But after this week, I am yet again reminded that kids eating and making dirty laundry and needing me means I am blessed threefold with 3 great kids! I am also reminded that they are healthy and happy, as so many are not. I am reminded what a blessing each of them are in my life.

I have offered many prayers this week on behalf of the Pappert family who lost their little 3 mo. old Ryan this week. I could say something really poignant right now about God's plans and so on, but the words aren't there for me yet.  I still struggle terribly with what God has planned for me, and I am pretty proud of the fact that I am still a believer, and I do think my faith is healing me.  I had a chat with another new mommy today who has other children, and it seems we never stop worrying over what could happen to our children, regardless of their age.  Not having a baby in the house does relieve the stresses that go along with those worries, while bringing about others.  My oldest is a hop and a skip away from high school, and I wonder if I will sleep at all, worrying about all there is to worry in regards to a teenage child.  But as the other mommy said, we just have to love them as long as we have them.

And I know of another mom who lost a teenage son to cancer.  The only surviving child went off to college
a few months later.  She said that a clean house and having the laundry caught up is overrated.

So thanks to my 3gr8kidz for the piled up laundry and dirty dishes.  I did get somewhat caught up today, although created an even bigger mess when I started sorting the store room.  Even so, my house is full of life and love, and that, in itself, is my biggest blessing.