Sunday, April 5, 2009

Incriminating Evidence, Charges Pending

I had a busy weekend. I cooked on both Saturday and Sunday. I love to cook actually, but just haven't for so long that it has taken me a lot to get back into it. I have a hard time cooking for a smaller crowd now, and often times, no energy to do so. My sisters and I have talked off and on about doing a cooking cooperative, and make like 6 lasagnas (one for each of us for now, and one for each of us for the freezer). So I had time this weekend and planned it all out. I was crazy and chose too many recipes, but it was still a success. We found it to be pretty darn cheap too. I just made a list of things I was making and took orders from Karis, Erin and my dad, and went from there. Here's what we made...

one 9x13, four 8x8 of Tator Tot Casserole
nine batches of Sloppy Joes
8 loaves of Meatloaf
two 9x13, five 8x8 of Chicken Enchiladas
one 9x13, six 8x8 of Cheesy Mostaccioli
one 9x13, six 8x8 of Sicilian Pasta
one 9x13, six 8x8 of Beef Enchilada Casserole.
.
I still have the ingredients to make bulk Cheesy Potatoes and Parmesan Broccoli Balls, but I ran out of steam...and also shredded cheese. So that will happen this week. I have quite a stock in the freezer for the coming months, and Erin and Karis both stocked up too. My dad should be set and not have to cook again for quite a while!
.
Thoughts...next time I'm choosing no more than 4 recipes. And I also found it to be a lot more fun to have my sisters and Adam there to cook, and a lot more efficient. Having the meat cooked ahead of time really helped too!
.
So what evidence, you are wondering? Well, all in all, Tye got along great while we were cooking. He and Zeke played, and then Tori and Don were here for a while too. Just as they were leaving, Tye came in and said...look at the picture I made you! He was holding a marker from the marker board in the downstairs bedroom. He excitedly led me in to this...
.



YES ,THIS IS ON A WALL AND NOT A MARKER BOARD!

AND YES, THAT IS MY NAME WITH A SMILEY FACE BESIDE IT!

A magic eraser helped him clean up the crime scene, and other than a little bit of marker on a closet door that didn't come completely off, all is well.

Until...

We were eating supper tonight. I was chatting with him and thought, hmm, his hair looks different. Then I flipped up the front and said...did you cut your hair?

Yep.

What!? When?

In the computer room (he was on the computer for a few minutes this afternoon before everyone showed up to cook). There are 2 chunks missing, not real noticeable, as in you probably wouldn't hardly be able to tell if I took a picture and put it on here...but nonetheless, I could tell.

Sigh...