Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter 2009

I wanted to wish you a Happy Easter 2009! I also wanted to update the blog with a picture of the blog-titled "3gr8kidz"...a.k.a. Rachel, Amberlea and Tye. Here is a snap of them after Mass this morning. That ornery smile on Tye's face is basically before the sugar high! (oh, and after he had just jumped on Amberlea).

I handled the morning ok. The girls were with their dad, so when we woke, it was just Tye and me. I reminded him that the Easter Bunny probably came. He jumped out of bed and snuck into the living room (as if EB was still there!). Then he said...WHOA! Holy moly.

Then a pause.

Then...Holy moly moly.

I guess it ranks pretty high to get two molies! Ha!

Then when we were getting ready for church, he seemed to be shocked at how well I clean up! He stopped in his tracks and said...wow, Mom. You look, um, fansome.

Fansome?

Yeah, fansome?

I said...well thank you. Usually you tell a guy he looks handsome or a girl she looks fancy or beautiful or something.

You look fancy Mom! And then he hugged me tight.

I said...your dad always told me he thought I looked nice. He was a good husband.

Tye said...did he tell you that you look beautiful?

Yeah, he did, and I miss that.

Then he said...he was a good daddy too.

Sigh...had to redo some eye makeup over that one, but otherwise we made it to church on time!

We had a busy day, then had an egg hunt at Dad's, followed by dinner. Then I took the girls and Tori to Hannah Montana and TJ and Dad took Tye, Zeke and Don to Monsters vs. Aliens. It was a lot of fun! We're looking forward to a nice day off tomorrow. Tye starts tee ball practice tomorrow, and he is very excited (to say the least). I have to get my taxes done in the morning, which I am not very excited about (to say the least).

Please pray for so many who need our prayers...my brother-in-law (Adam)'s grandma Lucille had a stroke this morning and is paralyzed on the left side. I am sure today was a nerve racking day for him, and I appreciate your prayers for Grandma Cille.

Hope your home is filled with Easter blessings.