Saturday, April 4, 2009

Today Tye and Amberlea had their first soccer games. I was freezing my buns off at Amberlea's, so Tye and I sat in the van and watched. She had a great game. Then Tye's game was all but normal. By noon it was starting to rain, or maybe not, or maybe...it was windy and freezing, but I toughed it out in a chair, covered with a blanket.

The boys were running back to the sidelines to see the coach. They were all really excited, and Tye is just Mr. Enthusiasm. He said...Bingo! Then he tapped his coach and said...hey coach, do you know what bingo means? The coach said...no, what? Tye replied...it means we rock!

Then later in the game they were in a huddle waiting for the game to start again. He looked over at me and gave me a thumbs up. I responded with a thumbs up too. Then he told his coach...hey coach, can you wait just a minute? And he came running off the field towards me, grabbed my head and planted a big smooch right on my cheek.

Ahhh...

The game got a little crazy. The field where Tye was playing is in the midst of other fields. The west end goal is basically at the top of a hill, so if the ball misses the goal, it rolls all the way down the hill to the lower fields. Usually in all the other games I've seen at that field, someone just runs after it and comes right back up. Not today. Someone from the other team dove after it and rolled down the hill, and then a few other boys joined him. By the end of the game, if the ball rolled down the hill, every kid from both teams took a dive off the hill and rolled down. At one point there was only one kid left standing on the field, along with three coaches who were just looking around like, what is happening?! The other 15 kids had taken a joy ride down the hill. Tye was so much like Brian...he waited to join until the majority had joined! Ha! The first few times, Tye was looking down the hill like, you guys are totally going to be in trouble. Then once he looked at me like, are they supposed to be doing that?

I love to watch little boy soccer! They are a hoot.

Miss Megan from afterschool came to babysit tonight at Erin and TJ's, and the three of us went to Air Rock. That brought back some great memories of a time in my life when things were much simpler! It was fun to have some time out with adults!

I've been doing some cooking this weekend, trying to get some things in the freezer. I have totally destroyed my kitchen, and I don't feel like taking care of it right now, so that is what I will have to wake up to. Hopefully, I'll have time to do some reading on Eclipse (3rd Twilight book). Right now I'm just going to sign off and hopefully get some zzz's!